Become a Member
Membership: The Foundation of Our Future
The Arc of the Mid Ohio Valley, a local chapter of The Arc of the United States, is a member-based advocacy organization. Your support enables The Arc to:
- Offer guidance to those who need help and those who want to help
- Monitor national progress made in the area of inclusion, such as education, employment, community living and recreation
- Make the public aware of the needs, rights and abilities of people with intellectual, cognitive, and related developmental disabilities
- Encourage progressive legislation
- Develop and promote effective programs and services
- Promote and apply research to enhance independence
- Raise public awareness on precautions that can be taken to prevent intellectual, cognitive, and related developmental disabilities including fetal alcohol syndrome and other alcohol related birth defects.
Benefits of becoming a member of The Arc of the Mid Ohio Valley:
- Participation in the affairs of the local, state and national chapters of The Arc of the Mid Ohio Valley
- Representation in local, state and national policy forums
- Reduced cost at conventions, conferences, special events and trainings
- Receiving our local newsletter, full of up-to-date information on the organization and developmental disabilities
- Become a member by mailing in your completed membership application along with membership dues.