The annual Secret Christmas project provides Christmas gifts, cookies, housekeeping and toiletry packs to adults and teens 13+ yrs old, with intellectual, cognitive, or related developmental disabilities throughout Wood County. The individuals who benefit from this project are above the age for assistance from other community programs and have a demonstrated financial need with little, or no, family support to cover their clothing, grooming, transportation, and social needs.
As the majority live in special home settings, this is likely to be the only Christmas they receive. Last year many individuals, clubs, businesses, organizations, and churches contributed money, time, cookies, and supplies to bring Christmas cheer to 250 individuals. We are expecting even greater numbers of requests this year. It goes without saying that the project would not be able to continue without the yearly generosity from the community, so we are asking that you please consider being a part of this effort by selecting one of the following options:
• sponsoring a person by donating $40 – The Arc will purchase and wrap the gifts,
• requesting a wish list, purchasing the gifts, and then bringing them to The Arc of the Mid Ohio Valley’s office by the close of the business day on Thursday, November 9th,
• encouraging a club, church group, office, or department to be a Secret Christmas sponsor,
• baking cookies to be included in the goodies packages given with the gifts,
• helping shop and wrap on December 5th starting at 4:30 pm
To download a sponsorship form, Click Here