Become a Member
Your contribution to The Arc of the Mid Ohio Valley makes possible the many programs and services offered each week to people with disabilities, their families and to members of the community. To become a member, click the download application link on the left.
Membership: The Foundation of Our Future
The Arc of the Mid Ohio Valley, a local chapter of The Arc of the United States, is a member-based advocacy organization. Your support enables The Arc to:
- Offer guidance to those who need help and those who want to help
- Monitor national progress made in the area of inclusion, such as education, employment, community living and recreation
- Make the public aware of the needs, rights and abilities of people with intellectual, cognitive, and related developmental disabilities
- Encourage progressive legislation
- Develop and promote effective programs and services
- Promote and apply research to enhance independence
- Raise public awareness on precautions that can be taken to prevent intellectual, cognitive, and related developmental disabilities including fetal alcohol syndrome and other alcohol related birth defects.
These are just some of the benefits of becoming a member of The Arc of the Mid Ohio Valley:
- Participation in the affairs of the local, state and national chapters of The Arc of the Mid Ohio Valley
- Representation in local, state and national policy forums
- Reduced cost at conventions, conferences, special events and trainings
- Receiving our local newsletter, full of up-to-date information on the organization and developmental disabilities
- Become a member by mailing in your completed membership application along with membership dues. You may download a membership application by clicking the link in the left column, or call us at 304-422-3151 and we will be happy to mail you one. Your support will make a difference.